Bitte verwenden Sie diesen Link, um diese Publikation zu zitieren, oder auf sie als Internetquelle zu verweisen: http://hdl.handle.net/10419/168407
Autoren: 
Richardson, James W.
Outlaw, Joe L.
Knapek, George M.
Raulston, J. Marc
Herbst, Brian K.
Anderson, David P.
Klose, Steven L.
Datum: 
2016
Reihe/Nr.: 
AFPC Briefing Paper 16-2
Zusammenfassung: 
The Agricultural and Food Policy Center (AFPC) at Texas A&M University develops and maintains data to simulate 95 representative crop, dairy, and livestock operations in major production areas in 29 states. The chief purpose of this analysis is to project the economic viability of those farms by region and commodity for 2016 through 2020. The data necessary to simulate the economic activity of these operations is developed through ongoing cooperation with panels of agricultural producers in selected states. The Food and Agricultural Policy Research Institute (FAPRI) provided projected prices, policy variables, and input inflation rates in their August 2016 Baseline. Under the August 2016 Baseline, 13 of the 64 crop farms are considered in good liquidity condition (less than a 25 percent chance of negative ending cash by 2020). Twelve crop farms have between a 25 percent and a 50 percent likelihood of negative ending cash, and the remaining 39 crop farms have greater than a 50 percent chance of negative ending cash. Additionally, 23 of the 64 crop farms are considered in good equity position (less than a 25 percent chance of decreasing real net worth during the study period). Six crop farms have between a 25 percent and 50 percent likelihood of losing real net worth, and 35 crop farms have greater than a 50 percent probability of decreasing real net worth by 2020. The following discussion provides an overall evaluation by commodity considering both liquidity and equity measures. FEEDGRAIN FARMS: Six of the 23 feedgrain farms are in good overall financial condition. Six farms are classified in marginal condition, and eleven are in poor condition. WHEAT FARMS: Three representative wheat farms are classified in good overall financial condition, none are in marginal condition, and eight are in poor condition. COTTON FARMS: Four of the 15 cotton farms are classified in good condition, three are in marginal condition, and eight are in poor condition. RICE FARMS: Four of the 15 rice farms are projected to be in good financial condition. Two rice farms are projected to be in marginal condition; nine are in poor condition. DAIRY FARMS: Eleven of the 20 dairies are in good overall financial condition. Five are classified in marginal condition, and four are in poor condition. BEEF CATTLE RANCHES: Two of the 11 cattle ranches are classified in good financial condition, six are in marginal condition, and three are projected to be in poor condition.
Dokumentart: 
Research Report

Datei(en):
Datei
Größe
801 kB





Publikationen in EconStor sind urheberrechtlich geschützt.