Please use this identifier to cite or link to this item: http://hdl.handle.net/10419/113833
Authors: 
Dürig, Wolfgang
Year of Publication: 
2015
Citation: 
[Journal:] RWI Konjunkturberichte [ISSN:] 1861-6305 [Volume:] 66 [Year:] 2015 [Issue:] 2 [Pages:] 47-66
Abstract: 
Die Handwerkswirtschaft konnte 2014 den Umsatz nominal um insgesamt 2,4% steigern. Die größten Umsatzzuwächse (5,6%) verzeichneten die Gesundheitshandwerke. Positiv wirkte hier nicht nur der demografische Effekt, sondern auch die verbesserte Einkommenssituation der privaten Haushalte. Die verbesserte Einkommenslage zeigte sich auch in der Umsatzentwicklung der Handwerke für den privaten Bedarf, die den zweitgrößten Zuwachs (3,6%) erzielen konnten. Die Handwerkszweige, die Leistungen für den gewerblichen Bedarf anbieten, profitierten von der etwas höheren Investitionsbereitschaft der Unternehmen. Ihr Umsatz stieg um 3%. Das handwerkliche Baugewerbe war 2014 weiterhin gut beschäftigt. Der Umsatz lag im Bauhauptgewerbe um 2,7% und im Ausbaugewerbe um 1,4% über dem Vorjahr. Das Kraftfahrzeuggewerbe hat wieder Tritt gefasst und konnte den Umsatz um 2,4% erhöhen. Unterdurchschnittlich war die Umsatzentwicklung im Lebensmittelhandwerk, es erzielte ein Umsatzplus von nominal 0,8%. Trotz der insgesamt guten Konjunktur im Handwerk blieb die Beschäftigungsbilanz negativ. Im zulassungspflichtigen Handwerk verringerte sich die Zahl der Beschäftigten um 0,1%.2 Während die Zahl der Mitarbeiter im Bauhauptgewerbe gegenüber 2013 unverändert blieb, erhöhten die Unternehmen im Gesundheitshandwerk (0,9%), der Handwerke für den gewerblichen Bedarf (0,6%) und des Ausbaugewerbes (0,5%) ihren Personalbestand. Negativ entwickelte sich die Beschäftigung im Kraftfahrzeuggewerbe (-0,2%) und in den für den privaten Bedarf tätigen Handwerkszweigen (-1,6%). Für das Jahr 2015 erwarten wir eine weitere nominale Umsatzsteigerung von durchschnittlich 2,0 bis 2,5%. Auf die Beschäftigung wird sich dies - nicht zuletzt wegen des anhaltenden Wettbewerbsdrucks - nicht grundlegend auswirken. Vielmehr ist bestenfalls eine Stabilisierung der Beschäftigungslage zu erwarten (0,5%- 1,0%).
Abstract (Translated): 
In 2014, the craft industry was able to increase sales by nominal 2.4%. The biggest sales growth (5.6%) was reported in health crafts. This handicraft sector benefited both from the demographic change and the income situation of households that spend more on medical aids when the economic situation is favourable. The second largest increase (3.6%) was recorded for the crafts for private use, being a consequence of the households' improved income situation. Those crafts branches that offer services for commercial needs benefited from the slightly higher propensity to invest. Their revenues increased by 3%. The artisanal construction continued to be very busy during 2014. Total sales in the construction sector went up by 2.7%, construction activities raised by 1.4% compared to 2013. The motor trade has regained traction and increased its sales by 2.4%. Sales in the artisanal food production developed below-average; the total sales growth amounted to 0.8% in nominal terms. The employment record remained negative despite the overall good economic situation in the craft industry. The number of employees in craft enterprises decreased by 0.1%. While the number of employees in the construction sector, compared to 2013, remained unchanged, the health crafts (0.9%), the crafts for commercial use (0.6%) and the crafts for industrial supply (0.5%) were able to increase their headcount. Employment in the motor trade (-0.2%) as well as in craft companies working for the private use (-1.6%) developed negatively. For 2015, we expect a further nominal increase in sales of 2.0 to 2.5% on average. Not least due to the continuing competitive pressure employment will not be affected fundamentally. Rather, a stabilized employment situation (0% - 1.0%) can be expected at best.
Document Type: 
Article

Files in This Item:
File
Size
234.49 kB





Items in EconStor are protected by copyright, with all rights reserved, unless otherwise indicated.