It is important to us to protect your privacy when using our websites, so we would like to ask you to please note the following information:
- Anonymous Data Collection
- As a matter of principle, you can visit the websites of the German National Library of Economics without informing us who you are. We only get to know the name of your internet service provider, the website from which you came to our website and which of our websites you visit. This information will be evaluated for statistical purposes. You as an individual user remain anonymous.
- Collection and Processing of Personal Data
- If there is an option to enter personal or business data (e-mail addresses, names, addresses) on the website, the user will disclose such information on a voluntary basis only. Personal data are only collected if you submit them voluntarily, e.g. in order to execute a contract or a survey.
- Transfer and Processing of Data to Countries outside the European Economic Area
- We do not transfer any of these data into states outside the EEA. This excludes personal data you provide in the webforms sent to EconDesk. Your questions are saved for 90 days on a secure server in the USA. After 90 days they will be deleted or anonymized. Your name and your e-mail address will only be deleted at your request. In this case please send us an e-mail. Of course your e-mail address will not be given to commercial institutions or marketing companies.
- Utilisation and Circulation of Personal Data
- The personal data collected through the websites of the German National Library of Economics will only be used without your consent for the execution of contracts and in order to process your enquiries. If you have previously provided your consent, your data shall also be used for the purposes of providing information on our products and services, conducting market research, and tailoring our electronic services to meet your requirements. Equally, your data shall only be used for tailoring information to your personal requirements if you have granted your consent. Your data will not be circulated to third parties. You can of course revoke your consent at any time, effective from the time of revocation.
- External Links
- In order to provide you with optimized information, you will find links to third parties’ websites on our website. The German National Library of Economics cannot control the contents and design of these third parties’ websites. Therefore, the guarantees given by this data protection statement do of course not apply to these websites.