Protecting your privacy on our website is important to us. Below you can find information about personal data collected in this context. Personal data are all data that can be related to you personally, such as your name, address, email address, your behaviour as user.
We process personal data in compliance with EU law (GDPR), the data protection law of the Land Schleswig-Holstein (LDSG) and all other legal regulations that may apply.
The ZBW reserves the right to update this data protection notice from time to time. We recommend that you visit this page regularly to renew your acceptance.
- Contact information
Responsible according to Art. 4 Clause 7 of the EU General Data Protection Regulation is the
ZBW – Leibniz Information Centre for Economics
Düsternbrooker Weg 120
For more information please consult our imprint: https://www.econstor.eu/Impressum
- Data protection officer
If you have any questions regarding data protection, please contact our data protection officer
-Data protection officer-
Neuer Jungfernstieg 21
- Your rights
You have the right to obtain, upon request, information about the personal data which are stored about you free of charge. You also have the right to demand that false data be corrected or deleted. You have the right to restrict the processing of your data, the right to object to processing, and the right to data portability.
If you have consented to our processing of your data, you can revoke this consent at any time, taking effect from the time of revocation. You also have the right to file a complaint with a data protection authority about the processing of your data by us.
- Anonymous Data Collection
- As a matter of principle, you can visit the websites of the German National Library of Economics without informing us who you are. We only get to know the name of your internet service provider, the website from which you came to our website and which of our websites you visit. This information will be evaluated for statistical purposes. You as an individual user remain anonymous.
- Collection and Processing of Personal Data
- If there is an option to enter personal or business data (e-mail addresses, names, addresses) on the website, the user will disclose such information on a voluntary basis only. Personal data are only collected if you submit them voluntarily, e.g. in order to execute a contract or a survey.
- Transfer and Processing of Data to Countries outside the European Economic Area
- We do not transfer any of these data into states outside the EEA. This excludes personal data you provide in the webforms sent to EconDesk. Your questions are saved for 90 days on a secure server in the USA. After 90 days they will be deleted or anonymized. Your name and your e-mail address will only be deleted at your request. In this case please send us an e-mail. Of course your e-mail address will not be given to commercial institutions or marketing companies.
- Utilisation and Circulation of Personal Data
- The personal data collected through the websites of the German National Library of Economics will only be used without your consent for the execution of contracts and in order to process your enquiries. If you have previously provided your consent, your data shall also be used for the purposes of providing information on our products and services, conducting market research, and tailoring our electronic services to meet your requirements. Equally, your data shall only be used for tailoring information to your personal requirements if you have granted your consent. Your data will not be circulated to third parties. You can of course revoke your consent at any time, effective from the time of revocation.
- External Links
- In order to provide you with optimized information, you will find links to third parties’ websites on our website. The German National Library of Economics cannot control the contents and design of these third parties’ websites. Therefore, the guarantees given by this data protection statement do of course not apply to these websites.